Summer Thyme’s helps with English language learners
March 10, 2014
Recently Amy Cooke, the owner of Summer Thyme’s Bakery & Deli, held a fundraising dinner for Partners in English Language Learning (PiELL).
The event was great; with over 25 people showing up to support PiELL and to hear Diane Miessler (PiELL board president) and her band, Purdon’s Crossing. A percentage of the evening’s profits, as well as the band’s tips, were donated to PiELL. Thank you Amy and Purdon’s Crossing.
If you are interested in becoming part of PiELL, call 530-274-8428 for information. Thank you.
Donna Cobb, program coodinator
Partners in English Language Learning
Trending In: Letters
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location