Summer Thyme’s helps ESL program
September 17, 2013
Kudos to Summer Thyme's, Grass Valley's beloved local bakery and deli, for recently hosting a musical fundraiser for Partners in English Language Learning.
PiELL is a Nevada County nonprofit whose mission for more than 25 years has been to offer free, one-on-one tutoring to adults learning English as a second language. Summer Thyme's owner, Amy Cooke, donated a percentage of the proceeds for the day, and local band Purdon's Crossing donated its eclectic, quirky brand of music, as well as its tips.
In total, the event raised $400 for PiELL; this money will go toward outreach, tutor training and teaching materials. Thank you!
Donna Cobb, program coordinator,
on behalf of board and staff of Partners in English Language Learning
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say