Sue Schwarz: Removal of post office trees a bad decision
June 16, 2017
Rich Young is "right on" in his op-ed about the obliteration of trees. It was a shock to see the post office trees gone.
Why on God's green earth would someone give the OK to have this done? The trees were beautiful, provided shade and "softened" the look of the post office building. Whoever had the last word regarding this apparently has no appreciation of nature and, of course, doesn't realize these creations were sentient beings! It must have taken some time for them to grow and that's the one thing none of us can retrieve.
For shame, yours was a very bad decision, indeed. If there was a good reason for destroying them, I'd like to hear it.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County