Stop holding the country hostage
October 4, 2013
The House of Representatives sent four different compromise funding bills to the Senate to try to avert the government shutdown.
Each time, Harry Reid refused to even discuss compromises, even though millions of Americans have jammed his phone lines and shut down his email, demanding that Obamacare be defunded because it is killing jobs, reducing people to poverty by cutting their work to part time and causing health care costs to skyrocket.
It is time for equality under the law for all Americans. If the Democratic senators really believe that Obamacare is such a great idea, let them eliminate all exemptions and force them and their staffs onto Obamacare silver plans, the best that most Americans can hope to get (if they can even afford that).
It is time for members of the Senate to quit holding the country hostage and start listening to their constituents.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house