Soroptimists support development of Youth Bereavement Program
April 7, 2014
On behalf of Hospice of the Foothills, I would like to thank Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills for its recent grant of $1,000 in support of our grief and bereavement program.
We intend to use the grant funding to support the development of a new arts therapy bereavement program and support group for youth. Every year, more than 1,000 families in Nevada County experience the death of a loved one. Hundreds of children from these families navigate their way through grief and loss, often alone and without support.
Many of Hospice of the Foothills’ programs and services would not be possible without community support. We are very grateful to Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills for their support in helping develop this new program.
Vanessa Bengston, RN, CPHQ
executive director, Hospice of the Foothills
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers