Soroptimists grant goes toward child safety
March 31, 2014
Child Advocates of Nevada County would like to thank Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills for the grant of $1,200 in support of our Child Safety Puppeteers program. Grant funds will purchase new puppets and revise curriculum for second-grade classes, which for many years has been the same presentation as first grade.
Our Child Safety Puppeteers program works with Nevada County schools and preschools to provide age appropriate presentations to teach preschool through fifth-grade children about personal safety, self-protection and abuse prevention skills. We are grateful for the support of our Puppeteers program.
Laura Harter, executive director
Child Advocates of Nevada County
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans