Soroptimists grant goes toward child safety
March 31, 2014
Child Advocates of Nevada County would like to thank Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills for the grant of $1,200 in support of our Child Safety Puppeteers program. Grant funds will purchase new puppets and revise curriculum for second-grade classes, which for many years has been the same presentation as first grade.
Our Child Safety Puppeteers program works with Nevada County schools and preschools to provide age appropriate presentations to teach preschool through fifth-grade children about personal safety, self-protection and abuse prevention skills. We are grateful for the support of our Puppeteers program.
Laura Harter, executive director
Child Advocates of Nevada County
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed