Soroptimists grant goes toward child safety
March 31, 2014
Child Advocates of Nevada County would like to thank Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills for the grant of $1,200 in support of our Child Safety Puppeteers program. Grant funds will purchase new puppets and revise curriculum for second-grade classes, which for many years has been the same presentation as first grade.
Our Child Safety Puppeteers program works with Nevada County schools and preschools to provide age appropriate presentations to teach preschool through fifth-grade children about personal safety, self-protection and abuse prevention skills. We are grateful for the support of our Puppeteers program.
Laura Harter, executive director
Child Advocates of Nevada County
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom