Soroptimist mini grants awarded
March 10, 2014
Soroptimist International of the Sierra Foothills is pleased to announce the recipients of our mini-grant donation program that awards funds to local and international groups that benefit women and children. The mini-grant funding program is offered every year in February and March. Funds for this program and a similar donation program held in September/October are a direct result of donations made by visitors to our annual Garden Tour, held the weekend after Mother's Day.
Awardees are the Linus Project, Women of Worth, Child Advocates Puppeteer Program, Hospice of the Foothills bereavement Youth Program, the Cinderella Project that helps high school students attend their prom, Friendship Club for the establishment of a Garden Project and NEO, New Events and Opportunities, for local teens. We thank everyone who applied for these funds and wish we could grant more to needed community projects. Help us by attending our local Garden Tour. Points of sale are located throughout our community or you may purchase a ticket by contacting a Soroptimist member. For more information, you may contact email@example.com.
Lark Zachary, Chair
SISF Service Committee
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed