‘Sign of the times’ is right!
January 6, 2014
County officials say they are “concerned about the structure, not the content” of the patriotic, Christian sign they recently asked Simple Truth Church to remove.
They also say that the structure has been right where it now stands since 1960. That’s 53 years. If they were concerned about the structure, not the content, why did they act only when the verbiage changed? Is it not the same structure, which they claim had been “grandfathered” in all these years?
It certainly makes a rational, thinking person wonder why they would suddenly take issue with the structure’s code compliance and/or safety just when the message changed to something as innocuous as supporting the men and women who make sacrifices daily on our behalf.
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location