‘Sign of the times’ is right!
January 6, 2014
County officials say they are "concerned about the structure, not the content" of the patriotic, Christian sign they recently asked Simple Truth Church to remove.
They also say that the structure has been right where it now stands since 1960. That's 53 years. If they were concerned about the structure, not the content, why did they act only when the verbiage changed? Is it not the same structure, which they claim had been "grandfathered" in all these years?
It certainly makes a rational, thinking person wonder why they would suddenly take issue with the structure's code compliance and/or safety just when the message changed to something as innocuous as supporting the men and women who make sacrifices daily on our behalf.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier