Sheriff Mack on track
October 23, 2013
I was in attendance at the Sheriff Richard Mack affair and came away with a different view of the diversity of the crowd than did your reporter. Mr. Matthew Renda seems to see only two facets of the crowd.
In reality, those groups paled in size to the rest — people from all walks of life. Young and old, people of color, bikers and hippies, business people, retired people and so many others that one could only guess at their affiliations, professions or occupations. But one thing is sure — based upon the applause, the preponderance of those in attendance were also in agreement with Mr. Mack's message.
One can only hope that U.S. Congressman Doug LaMalfa and Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal — both in attendance — get the message and employ it in their official actions and duties.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana