Sheriff Mack on track
October 23, 2013
I was in attendance at the Sheriff Richard Mack affair and came away with a different view of the diversity of the crowd than did your reporter. Mr. Matthew Renda seems to see only two facets of the crowd.
In reality, those groups paled in size to the rest — people from all walks of life. Young and old, people of color, bikers and hippies, business people, retired people and so many others that one could only guess at their affiliations, professions or occupations. But one thing is sure — based upon the applause, the preponderance of those in attendance were also in agreement with Mr. Mack's message.
One can only hope that U.S. Congressman Doug LaMalfa and Nevada County Sheriff Keith Royal — both in attendance — get the message and employ it in their official actions and duties.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation