Senior services presentation sparked community interest
March 1, 2013
The League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County would like to thank The Union for the generous publicity provided for our February program, "The Silver Tsunami: Senior Services in Nevada County."
Many local citizens attended the presentations by speakers Sara Morrison from RSVP and HELPLINE, Lori Burkart Frank from Aging and Disability Resource Connection and Mary Tucker, senior advocate, as well as representatives from other local senior services.
Those who attended asked a wide range of questions, and the league will present future programs to examine these issues in more depth, e.g., transportation and housing.
Karen Schwartz, president
League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance