Second Amendment important now more than ever
January 24, 2013
Let's pull all the police protection from Congress and put them in our schools, then see how long it takes them to change their attitude about guns in the hands of civilians.
If we license and train our school personnel to carry concealed weapons, the person who wants to harm them or the children will not know if they are armed or not. They will go to a place displaying a sign, "This is a gun-free zone." This way they will know that no one will be shooting back.
Utah teachers are being offered free classes in order to obtain a concealed-carry license.
The Second Amendment was not written into our Constitution so we would be able to have guns to hunt. It was put there to protect citizens from the government. It is important now, more than ever.
M. Jim Jacobs
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton