Second Amendment important now more than ever
January 24, 2013
Let's pull all the police protection from Congress and put them in our schools, then see how long it takes them to change their attitude about guns in the hands of civilians.
If we license and train our school personnel to carry concealed weapons, the person who wants to harm them or the children will not know if they are armed or not. They will go to a place displaying a sign, "This is a gun-free zone." This way they will know that no one will be shooting back.
Utah teachers are being offered free classes in order to obtain a concealed-carry license.
The Second Amendment was not written into our Constitution so we would be able to have guns to hunt. It was put there to protect citizens from the government. It is important now, more than ever.
M. Jim Jacobs
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house