Schools are missing the foundation of real learning
September 7, 2013
Regarding the Aug. 22 story on STAR Testing, standardized testing encourages standardized curriculums, encourages standardized teaching, encourages standardized thinking and encourages standardized students.
It's ironic how schools discourage curiosity, creativity, imagination and inquisitiveness — that is, the real foundation of real learning.
Any wonder why some students are left behind?
Robert Lobell, former teacher
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo