Schools are missing the foundation of real learning
September 7, 2013
Regarding the Aug. 22 story on STAR Testing, standardized testing encourages standardized curriculums, encourages standardized teaching, encourages standardized thinking and encourages standardized students.
It’s ironic how schools discourage curiosity, creativity, imagination and inquisitiveness — that is, the real foundation of real learning.
Any wonder why some students are left behind?
Robert Lobell, former teacher
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers