Schools are missing the foundation of real learning
September 7, 2013
Regarding the Aug. 22 story on STAR Testing, standardized testing encourages standardized curriculums, encourages standardized teaching, encourages standardized thinking and encourages standardized students.
It's ironic how schools discourage curiosity, creativity, imagination and inquisitiveness — that is, the real foundation of real learning.
Any wonder why some students are left behind?
Robert Lobell, former teacher
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house