Saved by 2nd Base fundraiser a success
August 15, 2013
I want to thank all who made the second annual Saved by 2nd Base softball event a success! Melisa Agness and her crew with Insight Imaging have such great energy and were wonderful to work with. Hills Flat Lumber and Marini Accounting stepped up with team sponsorships.
Thanks to Jon Katis with the Sierra Nevada Community Health Plan, KNCO and The Union for their support and getting the word out. Jill Grininger from What's Your Sign had us looking good with T-shirts to sell, and thank you for first-place awards. Raffle donations from the Wooden Spoon, Holiday Inn Express, Party Time, Caroline's Coffee, The Prospector Nursery, Sierra Theaters, Walkers Office Supply, Scraps Dog Bakery, The Foothill Mercantile and A Perfect Game/49er Fun Park had us all excited, and individuals Steve Loomis, Robert Bare, Char Arnett and Kerry Arnett made the day run smoothly. Last but not least, a big thanks to the players and fans that came out and survived the heat and played their hearts out. The Half and Half women's team defended its title to win again.
Altogether, we raised more than $5,000 to help those uninsured or under-insured gain access to breast cancer screening. If you are in need, contact Insight Imaging and ask about the Sb2B appointments. Our motto: "Early detection saves lives."
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo