Sale of Empire Mine illegal
April 9, 2014
The pronouncement by the state of California that it was looking into the sale of the Empire Mine park and property is not only outrageous, but illegal. The state does not own the park, the people of California and the United States own the park; the parks department is given the responsibility of maintaining the park for the people.
The state parks department previously showed that it is incapable of good administration when it withheld millions of dollars and attempted to shut down many of the parks, claiming it did not have enough money to keep them open.
Any further move by the state to sell the Empire Mine property should be met with legal action, or at the very least, an investigation into the misuse of trust by the parks department.
Trending In: Letters
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim