Runner-up should replace Lamphier
January 17, 2015
Regarding the opening left by Terry Lamphier on the Grass Valley City Council, it seemed to me that the most logical, least expensive and the most expedient solution would be to give that seat to the runner-up!
Instead, Grass Valley City Council has chosen to by pass the voters' second choice and open the door to the community. What are they looking for? Can they do better? By whose judgment and criteria would this new person be picked? And, I suspect you already have a few in mind.
The voters know Jerri Glover from her campaign. She has put in the time, energy and money to make herself known and available for this responsibility. How about demonstrating fairness?
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom