Ronald Mathis: Medicare for all
May 15, 2017
Thanks to Alex Klistoff for his excellent article on "Take time to learn about 'Medicare for all'" printed in The Union.
Dr. Klistoff clearly has a good understanding of the potential benefits and significant impediments for a universal health care system. The strong resistance to such a system naturally comes from the competing health insurance firms that would be affected. Their power to influence policy against a single system can be correlated directly to their willingness to support political candidates through contributions.
This is a system that will be extremely difficult to break.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local