Ronald Mathis: Medicare for all
May 15, 2017
Thanks to Alex Klistoff for his excellent article on "Take time to learn about 'Medicare for all'" printed in The Union.
Dr. Klistoff clearly has a good understanding of the potential benefits and significant impediments for a universal health care system. The strong resistance to such a system naturally comes from the competing health insurance firms that would be affected. Their power to influence policy against a single system can be correlated directly to their willingness to support political candidates through contributions.
This is a system that will be extremely difficult to break.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public