Roll up your sleeves
December 26, 2012
There has been much talk in the e-press about cleaning up Grass Valley. I don't know what to do about the seedy, dirty-looking people hanging around, but there is something many of us can do about litter.
Put on your garden gloves, find your long-handled grabber if you have one, and grab two large plastic bags (one for recyclables). Pick up trash around your neighborhood or downtown. Pull some weeds if you feel like it.
You'll be surprised at the number of friendly waves and thumbs-ups from passing motorists.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house