Roll up your sleeves
December 26, 2012
There has been much talk in the e-press about cleaning up Grass Valley. I don't know what to do about the seedy, dirty-looking people hanging around, but there is something many of us can do about litter.
Put on your garden gloves, find your long-handled grabber if you have one, and grab two large plastic bags (one for recyclables). Pick up trash around your neighborhood or downtown. Pull some weeds if you feel like it.
You'll be surprised at the number of friendly waves and thumbs-ups from passing motorists.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier