Roll up your sleeves
December 26, 2012
There has been much talk in the e-press about cleaning up Grass Valley. I don't know what to do about the seedy, dirty-looking people hanging around, but there is something many of us can do about litter.
Put on your garden gloves, find your long-handled grabber if you have one, and grab two large plastic bags (one for recyclables). Pick up trash around your neighborhood or downtown. Pull some weeds if you feel like it.
You'll be surprised at the number of friendly waves and thumbs-ups from passing motorists.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say