Republicans out of touch
December 26, 2012
Republicans have become a consummate negative force in American politics.
Florida Gov. Rick Scott has said he will not implement the state health insurance exchanges mandated in the Affordable Care Act. In other words, one politician's crazed ideology will keep millions of his state's citizens from receiving mandated health care. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, says no tax hikes to fix "fiscal cliff." (Definition: Most tax cut bills expire, and spending cuts kick in Dec. 31). Boehner is putting the Republican anti-tax jihad ahead of the wellbeing of America. Do-nothing Republicans are still very much alive and well.
Let us give thanks for Republican politicians and their glaring affront to society that continues to remind Americans just how inept and out of touch this party has become.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth