Recent NU drug bust sends a message
April 19, 2013
As a student at Nevada Union, I thought it would be interesting to share my perspective. When the bust happened, an immediate negative reaction arose from a great population of the NU student body.
Many kids were saying that the use of the undercover ABC officer was unjust and a form of entrapment. I, however, saw this bust as a longtime coming. I read the article Liz Kellar wrote regarding the situation, and I have to say that I am glad the blatant drug problem at NU is finally being addressed by parents and members of the community.
Having been asked if I was interested in purchasing drugs multiple times by students on campus, I do not feel NU is a safe place to be. Nor do I wish to be associated with the drug culture at NU in any way. This problem cannot be reversed overnight, but I think the recent bust sends a message. Again, I thank the members of the community for bringing the problem forward, and I also thank The Union and the editor for investigating the bust and their time.
Samantha Schultz, Nevada Union student
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom