Recall the Alta Sierra Property Owners Association board
June 16, 2013
Sixteen months ago, my husband and I bought our home in the Alta Sierra neighborhood. The strongest selling point of this home was that there were no mandatory homeowners association fees.
The current board of directors of the of the Alta Sierra Property Owners Association is now proposing a mandatory fee for all homeowners. What's nuts about this proposal is that they are hiding it from the residents by calling it amendments to the CC&Rs. None of my neighbors are even aware. The ASPOA has refused to hold an open meeting where all of us may have a voice. At the last board meeting, one board member's remarks overheard by many were, "If you don't like it, you can move out of Alta Sierra."
Call me crazy, but I don't think it's fair to have the actions of a few people rule over the majority of homeowners in Alta Sierra. Our future plans for living in this neighborhood are under extreme jeopardy. This is not just a neighborhood issue; this ruling can become life-altering.
Please visit the RecallASPOA.com website. Read and understand the reality of this threat and join with us to recall the board of directors of the ASPOA.
Laura Rose McLeod
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week