Questions for Doug LaMalfa
May 14, 2013
We in Nevada County are in a newly drawn U.S. Congressional district with a freshman congressman, Doug LaMalfa, who outspent his opponent 10 times over, and we might reasonably have questions for him.
He'll meet privately with his Tea Party Republican people, as he did in March, barring reporters and even cell phones, but all I can get is a form letter. A little research reveals that he is anti-government, hostile to exposure, has no town halls scheduled even though he flies back from Washington every weekend, is an extreme forced-birther, wants to repeal the new health insurance regulations, de-regulate guns, and generally molder in the barrel of rotten apples in the most obstructionist congress in history.
It's time to gear up to send the hypocrite back to his big government-subsidized farm near Richvale.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges