Protect the gray wolves
February 20, 2013
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has proposed taking away Endangered Species Act protection from gray wolves in the lower 48 states as early as March.
This comes after nearly 1,000 gray wolves have been killed by hunting or trapping in the northern Rocky Mountains since they were removed from protection by the Act in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.
Representative Peter DeFazio is circulating a letter in Congress to retain protection of the gray wolf. Please urge Congressman LaMalfa to add his name to this letter. Gray wolves are still endangered and deserve protection for the future.
Mari von Hoffmann
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire