Protect the gray wolves
February 20, 2013
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has proposed taking away Endangered Species Act protection from gray wolves in the lower 48 states as early as March.
This comes after nearly 1,000 gray wolves have been killed by hunting or trapping in the northern Rocky Mountains since they were removed from protection by the Act in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.
Representative Peter DeFazio is circulating a letter in Congress to retain protection of the gray wolf. Please urge Congressman LaMalfa to add his name to this letter. Gray wolves are still endangered and deserve protection for the future.
Mari von Hoffmann
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council