Protect the gray wolf
March 12, 2013
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has proposed taking away Endangered Species Act protection from gray wolves in the lower 48 states as early as this month. This comes after nearly 1,000 gray wolves have been killed by hunting or trapping in the northern Rocky mountains since they were removed from protection by the act in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.
Representative Peter DeFazio is circulating a letter in Congress to retain protection of the gray wolf. Please urge Congressman LaMalfa to add his name to this letter. Gray wolves are still endangered and deserve protection for the future.
Mari von Hoffmann
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans