Protect the gray wolf
March 12, 2013
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has proposed taking away Endangered Species Act protection from gray wolves in the lower 48 states as early as this month. This comes after nearly 1,000 gray wolves have been killed by hunting or trapping in the northern Rocky mountains since they were removed from protection by the act in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.
Representative Peter DeFazio is circulating a letter in Congress to retain protection of the gray wolf. Please urge Congressman LaMalfa to add his name to this letter. Gray wolves are still endangered and deserve protection for the future.
Mari von Hoffmann
Trending In: Letters
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later