Protect the gray wolf
March 12, 2013
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has proposed taking away Endangered Species Act protection from gray wolves in the lower 48 states as early as this month. This comes after nearly 1,000 gray wolves have been killed by hunting or trapping in the northern Rocky mountains since they were removed from protection by the act in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.
Representative Peter DeFazio is circulating a letter in Congress to retain protection of the gray wolf. Please urge Congressman LaMalfa to add his name to this letter. Gray wolves are still endangered and deserve protection for the future.
Mari von Hoffmann
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers