Protect our Constitutional rights
January 9, 2013
As we all knew when the tragedy in Connecticut occurred, the assault on the 2nd Amendment and every American's rights was going to be heightened due to the acts of a single murder. The current attempt at limiting or eliminating Americans' right to live in accordance with U.S. Constitution needs to stop. The 2nd Amendment was put in place to ensure individuals retained the right and means to defend themselves against harm. Our founding fathers did not specify the right to bear arms was there enabling us to defend ourselves from the thug down the street, the rapist around the corner or the government.
The 2nd amendment was put in place to protect Americans against government as well as the thugs, rapist, gangs and those wishing Americans harm.
Obesity is responsible on average for 16 percent of all deaths in America, far greater than the 1.25 percent of deaths due to guns. As well, gun deaths are less than the percentage of deaths due to alcohol or automobiles. Nobody is trying to limit the size or access to spoons, forks and plates nor do I wish to encourage that.
We are Americans, born free with natural rights. Protect them!
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom