Principal, teacher deserves recognition
June 18, 2013
Ms. Sara Guzik, principal and second- through eighth-grade teacher at Echo Ridge Christian School in Nevada City, has been selected to receive a 2013 Excellence in Teaching Award. Many teachers were nominated for this award, but Excellence in Teaching Selection Committee selected just 10 outstanding teachers from around North America.
Here are just a few things that are impressive about Ms. Guzik:
1. The high scores that reflect her students' standardized testing results.
2. Her community involvement, which includes fundraising for worthy causes and her involvement in a multitude of community service projects.
3. As well as being an excellent multi-grade classroom teacher, she is also the principal of the school and serves on the school board as well as the board of education.
This award, which includes a monetary gift, a medallion and a certificate of excellence, will be officially presented to Ms. Guzik at a special celebration of Echo Ridge Christian School's 50th anniversary June 22. The 50th anniversary celebration will include a fundraising dinner and auction, which is open to the public. Funds raised will start an academic endowment fund so that high-achieving students of any socioeconomic situation may attend Echo Ridge Christian School.
Ms. Guzik is a wonderful teaching principal who has taught at Echo Ridge Christian School for six years and been the principal for three of those six years. She deserves this recognition for her outstanding service as both a teacher and a principal.
Rough and Ready
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier