President Obama makes large sacrifice
December 27, 2012
President Obama ordered the cabinet to cut $100 million from the $3.5 trillion federal budget.
I'm so impressed by this sacrifice that I have decided to do the same thing with my personal monthly budget of approximately $2,000 for groceries, household expenses, medicine, utilities, etc., so I'm taking an axe to my expenses and cutting back.
I'm going to cut my spending at exactly the same ratio (1/35,000) of my total budget as the president did. After doing the math, it looks like instead of spending $4,000 a month, I'm going to have to cut that number by 12 cents. Yes, I'm going to have to sacrifice and get by with only $3,999.88.
Did this president actually think no one would do the math? Please share this with others so they will understand how idiotic a $100 million cut is in a $3.5 trillion budget. In addition, the budget automatically is increased by 8 percent every year. We taxpayers/voters must stop this vicious spiral to bankruptcy and demand reforms and real-time spending cuts!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth