Pay raises? Now?
December 26, 2012
In a recent story in The Union covering Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board's decision to restore rank and file pay raises, there were two interesting sentences: "Pleaded with taxpayers to retain vital services, etc." and "Rank and file eligible for," etc.
I think "pleaded" might be a little strong, but "eligible" is only that, not immediately given to the troops, but it could be argued pay raises right now are not "vital services."
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball