Pay raises? Now?
December 26, 2012
In a recent story in The Union covering Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board's decision to restore rank and file pay raises, there were two interesting sentences: "Pleaded with taxpayers to retain vital services, etc." and "Rank and file eligible for," etc.
I think "pleaded" might be a little strong, but "eligible" is only that, not immediately given to the troops, but it could be argued pay raises right now are not "vital services."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site