Pay raises? Now?
December 26, 2012
In a recent story in The Union covering Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board’s decision to restore rank and file pay raises, there were two interesting sentences: “Pleaded with taxpayers to retain vital services, etc.” and “Rank and file eligible for,” etc.
I think “pleaded” might be a little strong, but “eligible” is only that, not immediately given to the troops, but it could be argued pay raises right now are not “vital services.”
Trending In: Letters
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location