Pay raises? Now?
December 26, 2012
In a recent story in The Union covering Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board's decision to restore rank and file pay raises, there were two interesting sentences: "Pleaded with taxpayers to retain vital services, etc." and "Rank and file eligible for," etc.
I think "pleaded" might be a little strong, but "eligible" is only that, not immediately given to the troops, but it could be argued pay raises right now are not "vital services."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash