Pay raises? Now?
December 26, 2012
In a recent story in The Union covering Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board's decision to restore rank and file pay raises, there were two interesting sentences: "Pleaded with taxpayers to retain vital services, etc." and "Rank and file eligible for," etc.
I think "pleaded" might be a little strong, but "eligible" is only that, not immediately given to the troops, but it could be argued pay raises right now are not "vital services."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton