Pay raises? Now?
December 26, 2012
In a recent story in The Union covering Nevada County Consolidated Fire District Board's decision to restore rank and file pay raises, there were two interesting sentences: "Pleaded with taxpayers to retain vital services, etc." and "Rank and file eligible for," etc.
I think "pleaded" might be a little strong, but "eligible" is only that, not immediately given to the troops, but it could be argued pay raises right now are not "vital services."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City