Patricia Black: Bullying has a cost
February 16, 2017
Would we be safer if immigrants from certain Muslim countries aren't allowed into the U.S.? Maybe.
We've done dirt to many of those countries. Iraq was not our enemy, no threat to us. Saddam was not our enemy. So we attacked and invaded Iraq, killed tens of thousands of Iraqis, and opened up the country to ISIS. Pure terrorism. And notice — we never pick on anyone that's big enough to fight back. That's called bullying.
The Middle East countries have a long list of hostile American actions against them, including current bombing campaigns. If we don't want terrorist threats here, we should stop committing terrorism ourselves.
If we don't want jihadists to come after us, we should stop supplying them with reasons to do so.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck