Patricia Black: Bullying has a cost
February 16, 2017
Would we be safer if immigrants from certain Muslim countries aren't allowed into the U.S.? Maybe.
We've done dirt to many of those countries. Iraq was not our enemy, no threat to us. Saddam was not our enemy. So we attacked and invaded Iraq, killed tens of thousands of Iraqis, and opened up the country to ISIS. Pure terrorism. And notice — we never pick on anyone that's big enough to fight back. That's called bullying.
The Middle East countries have a long list of hostile American actions against them, including current bombing campaigns. If we don't want terrorist threats here, we should stop committing terrorism ourselves.
If we don't want jihadists to come after us, we should stop supplying them with reasons to do so.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County authorities say missing girl is found in Combie Road honey oil bust
- Gang member hits victim with gun in downtown Grass Valley, police say
- 19-year-olds take ownership of Paradise Donuts
- Grass Valley police say threats led to altercation, arrest on Sutton Way
- Former Nevada Union student killed in Ojai rollover crash