Patricia Black: Bullying has a cost
February 16, 2017
Would we be safer if immigrants from certain Muslim countries aren't allowed into the U.S.? Maybe.
We've done dirt to many of those countries. Iraq was not our enemy, no threat to us. Saddam was not our enemy. So we attacked and invaded Iraq, killed tens of thousands of Iraqis, and opened up the country to ISIS. Pure terrorism. And notice — we never pick on anyone that's big enough to fight back. That's called bullying.
The Middle East countries have a long list of hostile American actions against them, including current bombing campaigns. If we don't want terrorist threats here, we should stop committing terrorism ourselves.
If we don't want jihadists to come after us, we should stop supplying them with reasons to do so.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges