Patricia Black: Bullying has a cost
February 16, 2017
Would we be safer if immigrants from certain Muslim countries aren't allowed into the U.S.? Maybe.
We've done dirt to many of those countries. Iraq was not our enemy, no threat to us. Saddam was not our enemy. So we attacked and invaded Iraq, killed tens of thousands of Iraqis, and opened up the country to ISIS. Pure terrorism. And notice — we never pick on anyone that's big enough to fight back. That's called bullying.
The Middle East countries have a long list of hostile American actions against them, including current bombing campaigns. If we don't want terrorist threats here, we should stop committing terrorism ourselves.
If we don't want jihadists to come after us, we should stop supplying them with reasons to do so.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house