Parks and Rec gives thanks
December 27, 2012
Nevada City Parks and Recreation would like to thank volunteers and organizations who make our parks and open space special and available to the public:
— Rich Bodine and his crew for organizing the Soap Box Derby.
— Jim and Miriam Morris for enhancing Robinson Plaza and Calanan Park with new plantings.
— Friends of Sugarloaf for maintaining Sugarloaf Mountain.
— Bicyclists of Nevada County (BONC) and Sierra Care Physicians for adopting Hirschman Trail.
— Sierra Streams Institute, Sierra Fund, American Rivers, Bear Yuba Land Trust, many neighborhood organizations and their volunteers.
Nevada City is grateful for your contributions!
Dawn Zydonis, Parks & Recreation Supervisor
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations