Open your hearts and the vets hall to the homeless
January 18, 2014
I have two questions for those who oppose housing the homeless at the veterans hall on freezing nights.
1. Do you want to be responsible for someone freezing to death for lack of shelter? What is an annoyance and inconvenience to you is life or death for those forced to live outside during the winter.
2. Have you voted Republican all these years? If so, you voted for reduced funding and closure of social and mental-health programs, leaving many poor and mentally ill homeless. Votes have consequences, and both the homeless and you are now reaping the consequences of your votes.
Let's have a heart and open our community buildings to those who have nowhere else to go. It's the only decent thing to do.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans