Open your hearts and the vets hall to the homeless
January 18, 2014
I have two questions for those who oppose housing the homeless at the veterans hall on freezing nights.
1. Do you want to be responsible for someone freezing to death for lack of shelter? What is an annoyance and inconvenience to you is life or death for those forced to live outside during the winter.
2. Have you voted Republican all these years? If so, you voted for reduced funding and closure of social and mental-health programs, leaving many poor and mentally ill homeless. Votes have consequences, and both the homeless and you are now reaping the consequences of your votes.
Let's have a heart and open our community buildings to those who have nowhere else to go. It's the only decent thing to do.
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum