Open letter to the community
July 22, 2013
The Peace Center of Nevada County wishes to extend their sincere thanks to all the participants and spectators who came out for this years' Fourth of July Parade in downtown Grass Valley, co-sponsored by the Grass Valley Downtown Association, Greater Grass Valley Chamber of Commerce and Nevada City Chamber of Commerce.
All involved made the parade a great success and a wonderful celebration. We are grateful to the volunteers who walked with us and helped with continued education for labeling genetically modified organisms (GMOs). A special thanks to Carol and Bruce Malnor for the safekeeping of the handmade Peace Dove we flew above us, a project of Jane Goodall's Roots & Shoots program.
Look forward to having you join us again next year! May all children thrive in peace!
Stephenie Chague. Peace Center of Nevada County
Nevada County Label GMOs Campaign
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public