One Obamacare success
January 18, 2014
Regarding a recent letter to the editor by Marilyn Nyborg, congratulations to your son and his family in obtaining such reasonable health insurance through Obamacare.
We now know that all congressional staff members enjoy subsidized Obamacare, even though most of their annual salaries exceed $100,000. The premiums were much too high for the staff without subsidies of about 75 percent. We taxpayers who pay congressional staff salaries also pay their subsidies — just another perk we pay to them.
Was your son's 90-percent lower premium attributed to any subsidy that is paid for by other taxpayers? If he is actually paying for his entire premium without our assistance or welfare, then I agree, Obamacare has one success.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed