One Obamacare success
January 18, 2014
Regarding a recent letter to the editor by Marilyn Nyborg, congratulations to your son and his family in obtaining such reasonable health insurance through Obamacare.
We now know that all congressional staff members enjoy subsidized Obamacare, even though most of their annual salaries exceed $100,000. The premiums were much too high for the staff without subsidies of about 75 percent. We taxpayers who pay congressional staff salaries also pay their subsidies — just another perk we pay to them.
Was your son's 90-percent lower premium attributed to any subsidy that is paid for by other taxpayers? If he is actually paying for his entire premium without our assistance or welfare, then I agree, Obamacare has one success.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her