On the matter of elephants
July 31, 2013
Since elephants are all in the news, some may enjoy Ogden Nash's verse on elephants:
"Elephants are useful friends,
Equipped with handles at both ends.
They have a wrinkled, moth-proof hide.
Their teeth are upside down, outside.
If you think the elephant preposterous,
You've probably never seen a rhinosterous."
— Ogden Nash
Submitted by Jim Hurley
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier