NU football team helps out Healthy Harvest
November 1, 2013
The Healthy Harvest Garden of the Food Bank of Nevada County would like to thank the members of the Nevada Union High School football team who twice this year have donated their time and energy at our Penn Valley location (near the future home of the Penn Valley Community Center). We couldn't have managed all the heavy-duty roto-tilling and row preparation for our summer and winter crops without them.
It's delightful to work with young men who are so kind and dedicated to our goal of bringing fresh vegetables to those in need.
Ellen Persa, garden coordinator
Healthy Harvest Garden of the Food Bank of Nevada County
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws