NU football team helps out Healthy Harvest
November 1, 2013
The Healthy Harvest Garden of the Food Bank of Nevada County would like to thank the members of the Nevada Union High School football team who twice this year have donated their time and energy at our Penn Valley location (near the future home of the Penn Valley Community Center). We couldn't have managed all the heavy-duty roto-tilling and row preparation for our summer and winter crops without them.
It's delightful to work with young men who are so kind and dedicated to our goal of bringing fresh vegetables to those in need.
Ellen Persa, garden coordinator
Healthy Harvest Garden of the Food Bank of Nevada County
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans