Now wonder STEM math is confusing
August 19, 2014
Our education crisis in America has spawned a new acronym: STEM for science, technology, engineering and math. Our government and politicians are not helping. The public is told that unemployment is at 6.1 percent. It is greater than 15 percent.
For years we've been told the "illegal" population in America is 11 million. The true number is north of 14 million.
Dr. Janet Yellen is yelling that the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FED) can't seem to achieve a 2 percent inflation rate to enable the FED to move on certain goals. Inflation is around 6 percent when one buys food and gas.
News articles put the California population at 37 million. It's over 40M when all the "illegals" are counted.
In sum, the mathematics is like this: 6.1 = 15; 11 = 14; 2 = 6; 37 = 40. No wonder our youth finds difficulty with the "M" in STEM.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom