Not your mother’s gingerbread houses
December 26, 2012
I have been making gingerbread houses for the past eight years.
Because I am a senior citizen (89 and a half years old), I need something to keep my busy and this is a good hobby for me.
Over the years, I have been entering my gingerbread houses at the Nevada County Christmas Faire, along with many other beautiful entries.
However, the past couple of years I think the judges have misjudged many of the entries. For example, since when is a birdhouse a gingerbread house? This year the birdhouse won "Best of Show," which is the top prize ($100).
Maybe the people should be the ones to choose (people's choice), then there would be no favoritism shown. I think it was very unfair to all the contestants.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public