Not going back to Nevada City anytime soon
March 1, 2014
My wife and I were honored to be part of the One Billion Rising event. Nevada City has always been one of my favorite towns. I always tell people to visit and enjoy the eclectic array of shops and the diversity of the people.
My wife was to be one of the speakers after the event, so we decided to grab a pizza and enjoy it on the boardwalk. It looked to be very nicely done and inviting. It turned out to be, in my opinion, anything but — unless, of course, you like being inundated with clouds of marijuana and tobacco smoke or unless you like listening to loud conversations where every other word is the F-word.
There was even a very loud argument that required the presence of police to disperse. Dogs were tied to the fence with no food or water and with the owners nowhere in sight for a long time. I don't care what people smoke or how they talk, but in a public place? How very rude, to say the least. Sad to say, I will not be going back to Nevada City anytime soon, nor will I be telling people to visit.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana