No fast track for Trans-Pacific Partnership
January 18, 2014
The U.S. is made up of individuals who are distinctly different from corporations. Corporations are gaining excessive power in this country, and it must stop.
The Trans-Pacific Partnership is a power grab by the corporations so that they can avoid the environmental laws and review processes that individuals must go through. It is absurd to think of passing this law, and the voting public must oppose it! We want decisions that affect our country to be made in the light of day, not backroom board meetings.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges