Night of Giving lived up to its name
January 22, 2013
The annual A Night of Giving, the main fundraising event for Hospitality House, was a big success, raising $18,000.
Hundreds turned out Dec. 22 to demonstrate their caring for our homeless population. Many helped by simply attending, enjoying a wide range of volunteer performers (too numerous to mention) and dine on appetizers donated by Diego's, Matteo's Public, Tofanelli's, The Lake House, Old 5 Mile House, Jim E's Catering and Club 141, and Gold Rush Burgers & BBQ.
Our main sponsors were Sierra Timberline, Young's Carpet One, For The Love of Pets, Miners Foundry, KVMR, The Union, Network Real Estate, KNCO and the Penn Valley Lions Club.
The community's generosity is a testament to residents' concern for those less fortunate. Please reserve Dec. 21 for the 2013 event. Attending is a simple way to do something for others at Christmas time that pays dividends year-round.
Vee Proietti and Mikail Graham. co-chairpersons
A Night of Giving
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges