Night of Giving lived up to its name
January 22, 2013
The annual A Night of Giving, the main fundraising event for Hospitality House, was a big success, raising $18,000.
Hundreds turned out Dec. 22 to demonstrate their caring for our homeless population. Many helped by simply attending, enjoying a wide range of volunteer performers (too numerous to mention) and dine on appetizers donated by Diego's, Matteo's Public, Tofanelli's, The Lake House, Old 5 Mile House, Jim E's Catering and Club 141, and Gold Rush Burgers & BBQ.
Our main sponsors were Sierra Timberline, Young's Carpet One, For The Love of Pets, Miners Foundry, KVMR, The Union, Network Real Estate, KNCO and the Penn Valley Lions Club.
The community's generosity is a testament to residents' concern for those less fortunate. Please reserve Dec. 21 for the 2013 event. Attending is a simple way to do something for others at Christmas time that pays dividends year-round.
Vee Proietti and Mikail Graham. co-chairpersons
A Night of Giving
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier