Night of Giving lived up to its name
January 22, 2013
The annual A Night of Giving, the main fundraising event for Hospitality House, was a big success, raising $18,000.
Hundreds turned out Dec. 22 to demonstrate their caring for our homeless population. Many helped by simply attending, enjoying a wide range of volunteer performers (too numerous to mention) and dine on appetizers donated by Diego's, Matteo's Public, Tofanelli's, The Lake House, Old 5 Mile House, Jim E's Catering and Club 141, and Gold Rush Burgers & BBQ.
Our main sponsors were Sierra Timberline, Young's Carpet One, For The Love of Pets, Miners Foundry, KVMR, The Union, Network Real Estate, KNCO and the Penn Valley Lions Club.
The community's generosity is a testament to residents' concern for those less fortunate. Please reserve Dec. 21 for the 2013 event. Attending is a simple way to do something for others at Christmas time that pays dividends year-round.
Vee Proietti and Mikail Graham. co-chairpersons
A Night of Giving
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death