NID needs to remember mission statement
July 19, 2013
"The Nevada Irrigation District will provide a dependable, quality water supply, strive to be good stewards of the watersheds and conserve the available resources" — so states its mission statement.
Perhaps it forgot this or it must have another agenda when it did not supply water to Sunsmile Farms. It should have been a simple, quick fix. An easily found paper in its possession clearly stated that the line belonged to NID.
All the devastating losses at the farm need to be justly compensated in a "timely manner." NID has been dragging its feet and offering a fraction of the loss as the farm teeters on bankruptcy. The farm sits on very valuable land, so we are convinced that all the facts have not bubbled to the surface in this cauldron of conspiracy.
Dale and Linda Johnson
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier