News coverage of NU bust helps students
April 19, 2013
Your coverage of the Nevada Union High School drug bust is interesting and will likely help the community.
I myself am a senior at Nevada Union. It has been beneficial to have access to your article on the drug bust. Your article lays out the facts, six students, a three-month-long operation. As a freshman, four years ago, my teachers would tell us about a drug bust that had taken place at Nevada Union about 15 years before.
A few students chose not to heed the advice and sold drugs themselves. Now they are in trouble.
Letting the students at Nevada Union know what has happened by producing articles will deter students from becoming drug dealers anytime soon. Hopefully the six-student drug bust is just the beginning, and we can reform Nevada Union.
Jake Mayes, NUHS senior
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County