New shopping center would bring more congestion to pill hill
March 4, 2014
Throughout the 30 years I have lived in Grass Valley, people have been clamoring for a 49/20 interchange at Dorsey Drive to alleviate the traffic debacle at Brunswick Road and give faster access to "Pill Hill," the hospital and now Sierra College Drive.
If a shopping center goes in at the interchange, all the new traffic that it generates will defeat the purpose for the new exit. There will be congestion and long waits at traffic signals and pedestrian foot traffic. In short, it will be another Brunswick Basin mess. I am totally opposed to the construction of a shopping mall at that intersection. I realize that it could provide jobs and taxes for the county but surely there must be another, better place to put such a commercial venture.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton