New shopping center would bring more congestion to pill hill
March 4, 2014
Throughout the 30 years I have lived in Grass Valley, people have been clamoring for a 49/20 interchange at Dorsey Drive to alleviate the traffic debacle at Brunswick Road and give faster access to "Pill Hill," the hospital and now Sierra College Drive.
If a shopping center goes in at the interchange, all the new traffic that it generates will defeat the purpose for the new exit. There will be congestion and long waits at traffic signals and pedestrian foot traffic. In short, it will be another Brunswick Basin mess. I am totally opposed to the construction of a shopping mall at that intersection. I realize that it could provide jobs and taxes for the county but surely there must be another, better place to put such a commercial venture.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans