New shopping center would bring more congestion to pill hill
March 4, 2014
Throughout the 30 years I have lived in Grass Valley, people have been clamoring for a 49/20 interchange at Dorsey Drive to alleviate the traffic debacle at Brunswick Road and give faster access to "Pill Hill," the hospital and now Sierra College Drive.
If a shopping center goes in at the interchange, all the new traffic that it generates will defeat the purpose for the new exit. There will be congestion and long waits at traffic signals and pedestrian foot traffic. In short, it will be another Brunswick Basin mess. I am totally opposed to the construction of a shopping mall at that intersection. I realize that it could provide jobs and taxes for the county but surely there must be another, better place to put such a commercial venture.
Trending In: Letters
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed