Nevada Union Grad Night needs our help
May 5, 2014
I would like to thank Tina Skrukrud for all she does for "our community."
I have five children who have all graduated from Nevada Union. I helped with grad night for many years, even when I no longer had children at NU. As a community member, I feel it is all of our responsibility to make sure our children have a safe and fun place to enjoy celebrating graduation.
It takes a lot of energy and time to pull off this magical night. For some reason I always thought it was rite of passage for the NU parents and families of students younger than 12th grade to collectively come together and organize this up and coming night. My understanding was that the senior parents would then have one less thing to worry about.
Graduation year is a very busy time for parents and students. I thank Tina and her family for all they have done over the past years. Tina is still not 100 percent. She is gaining her strength back but it is a long and tiresome process. Nevada Union Grad Night needs our help. Let's show Tina how much we appreciate her and all that she has done.
Trending In: Letters
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier