Nevada Union Grad Night needs our help
May 5, 2014
I would like to thank Tina Skrukrud for all she does for "our community."
I have five children who have all graduated from Nevada Union. I helped with grad night for many years, even when I no longer had children at NU. As a community member, I feel it is all of our responsibility to make sure our children have a safe and fun place to enjoy celebrating graduation.
It takes a lot of energy and time to pull off this magical night. For some reason I always thought it was rite of passage for the NU parents and families of students younger than 12th grade to collectively come together and organize this up and coming night. My understanding was that the senior parents would then have one less thing to worry about.
Graduation year is a very busy time for parents and students. I thank Tina and her family for all they have done over the past years. Tina is still not 100 percent. She is gaining her strength back but it is a long and tiresome process. Nevada Union Grad Night needs our help. Let's show Tina how much we appreciate her and all that she has done.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom