March 31, 2014
I'm a 62-year-old contractor. My wife and I have been insured with Anthem Blue Cross for the last 15 years.
With a $5,000 deductible, they rarely paid for any preventive medicine; physicals, blood work, mammograms, colonoscopy, and with a cap on the policy where we'd be cut off after $1 million.
Pre-existing conditions also applied.
So we now have our new policy with Obamacare through Anthem Blue Cross with a $2,000 deductible, they pay for physicals, all lab work, colonoscopies, mammalogy, you know … "health care."
There is also no cap on the policy and there are no pre-existing conditions. I have also visited my dermatologist lately and finally treated my skin with a cream he has recommended for the last few years but I always put it off because the cost was $300 for a small tube!
With our new policy it is now $19. Our new policy is $50 less per month!
So if you can turn off the conservative "noise machine" for a minute and look into it, you might find there is finally some "Affordable health care" available.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County