Mixed sex marriages remain the same
July 31, 2013
In your July 11 issue, Peter Pohorsky wrote about the Supreme Court's decision regarding marriage. He stated that their decision was "in favor of same-sex marriage but against the traditional marriage of one man and one woman."
Against traditional marriage and an "attack" on it? Not so. Same-sex marriages would be in addition to traditional marriages.
Voting to give same-sex partners the right to marriage is not promoting the lifestyle. Many same-sex partners are, and will be, getting married, and fortunately, those unions will have no adverse effect on traditional marriages … they will continue as usual.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say