Mixed sex marriages remain the same
July 31, 2013
In your July 11 issue, Peter Pohorsky wrote about the Supreme Court's decision regarding marriage. He stated that their decision was "in favor of same-sex marriage but against the traditional marriage of one man and one woman."
Against traditional marriage and an "attack" on it? Not so. Same-sex marriages would be in addition to traditional marriages.
Voting to give same-sex partners the right to marriage is not promoting the lifestyle. Many same-sex partners are, and will be, getting married, and fortunately, those unions will have no adverse effect on traditional marriages … they will continue as usual.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball