Memories from abroad of the 1920s and 30s
December 26, 2012
I have a 90-year-old cousin, Catherine (Katie) Woodcock, who moved to Grass Valley in 1928 with her parents, Wilf and Flo.
Wilf worked in a gold mine, although I do not know which one. Katie went to Bell Hill School and later Columbine School before they moved back to Cornwall in 1935. I wonder if any of your readers have any recollection of them or any photos of the schools around that time. I also have some school photos between 1928 and 1935, as well as a photo of neighbors of Woodcraft in 1932.
All these I am happy to email to anyone who wants a copy. Please email me at email@example.com. Best wishes.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local