Memorial Day program a success
June 4, 2013
American Legion Post 130 would like to thank to all who attended, participated and assisted in our 2013 Memorial Day Program, which drew nearly a full house. There were wonderful singers who sang all notes as written, "few do this anymore." Our speakers moved every one of us; Foothill Flowers, beautiful as always; KNCO, many promo spots. How about The Union's extensive "Honoring Heroes" articles and this program? A very special thanks to Boy Scout Troop 855. Never having done this, the troop put on "the perfect indoor picnic lunch" for 150 hungry folks.
A very tasty ending of this Memorial Day. Same time next year, Scouts and all of us!
Roger Haines, past commander
American Legion, Post 130
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house