Memorial Day program a success
June 4, 2013
American Legion Post 130 would like to thank to all who attended, participated and assisted in our 2013 Memorial Day Program, which drew nearly a full house. There were wonderful singers who sang all notes as written, "few do this anymore." Our speakers moved every one of us; Foothill Flowers, beautiful as always; KNCO, many promo spots. How about The Union's extensive "Honoring Heroes" articles and this program? A very special thanks to Boy Scout Troop 855. Never having done this, the troop put on "the perfect indoor picnic lunch" for 150 hungry folks.
A very tasty ending of this Memorial Day. Same time next year, Scouts and all of us!
Roger Haines, past commander
American Legion, Post 130
Trending In: Letters
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story