December 26, 2012
Mitt Romney has been portrayed by some political pundits as a rudderless ship desperately trying to stay on course for the presidency.
Not to take issue with this maritime analogy, it seems to me a better comparison would be to describe his campaign as an inexpertly thrown bowling ball careening down the lane from side to side only because his teammates had the foresight of alerting house management to keep the gutter guards in place.
In the coming election, I neither wish to book passage on a lost voyage, nor cheer for what can only be a lucky strike.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house