December 26, 2012
Mitt Romney has been portrayed by some political pundits as a rudderless ship desperately trying to stay on course for the presidency.
Not to take issue with this maritime analogy, it seems to me a better comparison would be to describe his campaign as an inexpertly thrown bowling ball careening down the lane from side to side only because his teammates had the foresight of alerting house management to keep the gutter guards in place.
In the coming election, I neither wish to book passage on a lost voyage, nor cheer for what can only be a lucky strike.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire