Loving care and warm cobbler
October 8, 2013
I would like to thank all the wonderful people at Penny's Diner and Golden Empire Convalescent Hospital for the care and consideration they gave to Ruth and me the last few months. My wife and I ate at Penny's Diner quite often, and we really enjoyed their peach cobbler. My wife ended up in convalescent care at Golden Empire. Penny and Tonya found out about Ruth and brought the coveted cobbler to the hospital several times. Not only that, but they sent me home with additional cobbler many times free of charge. They certainly went the "extra mile" for us.
When you eat at Penny's, you are more than just a customer — you become part of their family. We have since learned we are not the only ones they have taken care of.
Also, many thanks to the dedicated employees at Golden Empire Convalescent Hospital. I visited Ruth every day and have to say I was very impressed with the loving care they gave her.
It's very comforting to know that we have businesses in our community that really do care about their customers and patients. Thank you so much — you really made a difference in our lives.
Trending In: Letters
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier