Local seniors a wealth of knowledge
August 31, 2013
I wanted to thank The Union for the nice article regarding Chick Cicogni. Sue, Chick and I were bridge friends, and Chick and I share the same birth date (my 94 to his 100). He was truly always the gentleman, and I feel fortunate to have known him.
Another native son you may be aware of already is Jim Gates. He is worth a book of stories about cattle raising in this area. You may be familiar with the amateur film winner "Meat Jim." Jim raises grass-fed beef for our community, and someone should try to get his stories from the past on tape. He's also a loyal and compassionate man. Our family is very fond of his many cattle-raising adventures.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth