Local seniors a wealth of knowledge
August 31, 2013
I wanted to thank The Union for the nice article regarding Chick Cicogni. Sue, Chick and I were bridge friends, and Chick and I share the same birth date (my 94 to his 100). He was truly always the gentleman, and I feel fortunate to have known him.
Another native son you may be aware of already is Jim Gates. He is worth a book of stories about cattle raising in this area. You may be familiar with the amateur film winner "Meat Jim." Jim raises grass-fed beef for our community, and someone should try to get his stories from the past on tape. He's also a loyal and compassionate man. Our family is very fond of his many cattle-raising adventures.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County